Create A Shed Base Without Concrete
Can be done in as little as 1 hour
Use Stabiliser Blocks & Aggregate. 7 Steps to preparing and creating a fantastic load bearing base for your garden shed without the need for concrete!
- Measure. If you have a 10 x 8 shed mark out a 12 x 10 space where you wish to position your shed. Use a small wood stake for each corner, then tie string around outside.
- Dig away the soil/grass within the string area. If ground is flat you don’t need to go deeper than 40mm.
- Level area (using soil or aggregate). Get a straight edged piece of wood and drag across the surface (piece of skirting, baton or a fence board will work).
- When area looks level place wood on its edge and spirt level on top, fill where required until level.
- Place Membrane into the area.
- Lay Stabiliser blocks on top of membrane. Simply lock together, this is as easy as clicking Lego together.
- Shovel aggregate into place over the stabiliser blocks.
Thats it. Build your shed! Not using concrete means no drying and waiting.